Health Links is a new way of working with clients who have complex medical needs. SHOP is a co-lead agency for the Milton Health Link, along with Dr. Maley and the Prime Care Family Health Team.
With a focus on coordinating services better together, Health Links aims to work with both healthcare teams and community service agencies to bring about a more coordinated approach for clients.
Individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria may be referred, or refer themselves into Health Links:
- Have 4 or more complex medical issues
- Take 4 or more medications
- Have been in and out of hospital over the past few months
- Call 911 frequently
- Have had a recent hospital stay in an inpatient rehabilitation or complex continuing care
- Are having trouble managing their complex medical needs
Clients in the Health Links will work with a care navigator for support in coordinating their care in both the community and healthcare service systems through the creation of a tailored coordinated care plan.
For more information about Health Links, please contact:
Rebecca Stroble-McKenzie at (905) 699-4878, or email email@example.com
For more information about Health Links on a provincial level,
please see (hyperlink) : Health Links Ontario